 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 892
Re: Serial to USB Adapters for iMac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 05:01:23 GMT

On a slightly related note, I've been trying to get all this to work via
Linux on a PowerBook FireWire. I have a keyspan USB PDA adapter (USA-19), I
seem to be able to at a minimum send characters to the tower (the green
light of justice lights up) but can't seem to get anything back from it. I
was just wondering if anyone has had any luck w/ USB adapters under Linux on
the mac...

Hows that for a longshot :)

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dave Baum writes:
In article <G66tnA.HD5@lugnet.com>, "Tim Goodwin" <tgvoz@tidalwave.net>
wrote:

able to transmit via the adapter (the green data light flashes on the
adapter
and on the IR tower) but cannot receive the confirmation from the RCX
which
results in a "no reply from RCX error". • [...]
"no reply from RCX" is probably not an adapter problem.  My first guess
would be that the RCX doesn't have firmware loaded (If you see "00.00"
on the display, firmware is loaded, if you just see an icon and "1",
then it isn't).