 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1589
1588  |  1590
Subject:
Error creating program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 05:41:15 GMT

What, exactly does it mean when dll says "error creating program"? I run
into this from time to time where it will give me this error, but
reloading the OS makes it go away... for a while. Tonight I did a little
investigation, and it appeared to be related to the size of the .lx file.
At the original size of around 10400 bytes, and even down smaller to about
10200 bytes, it would not load. If I #defined out my printString command,
thus killing off all string literals and knocking file size to about 9600
bytes, it would load fine. After wiping and reloading legOS, the original
larger .lx (with string literals firmly in place) also loaded fine.

Although it's a little annoying to have to use firmdl3 when it shouldn't
otherwise be necessary from time to time, it's not a big deal. But it's so
strange, and it'd be nice to have some light shed. Anybody have more clue
than I do about this? TIA.

P.S. This is still with 0.2.4. Does 0.2.5 have any bugfixes that might
affect this?

--
"Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'
"Say not, 'I have found the path of the soul.' Say rather, 'I have met the