 Robotics / RCX / *3350 (-20)
  USB / x86 open sys based RCX replacement??

After playing with my legos, RCX, NQC, stuff for awhile, I find a more powerful RCX with proviions for more inputs and outputs and lots more memory, CPU power, options, and interconnections, seems like it would be desireable. A very common reaction (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

Oscar Deniz Suarez <odeniz@dis.ulpgc.es> wrote in message news:G2016F.L1z@lugnet.com... (...) some (...) problems, (...) Maybe, but I know there's differences - I can't get NT to talk to my qv-100 digital camera over the serial port, but Linux & (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX, Servos ,and Pneumatics

Hi All, I've just updated my site with new information on controlling standard RC servos with the RCX. Besides the dead-simple schematic that uses Radio-Shack parts, you can even control pneumatic switches! There are a few pictures that show a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

Not if was on when that battery disconnects. I think the memory is powered through a capacitor or somthing like that, when the RCX if off the power to the memory is maintained even when batteries arn't in for a few minuets because of the small (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

Yes, it was on, and when I picked it up, it was turned off. I thought "No! It's broken!" but you could turn it on, and the firmware was gone. But doesn't the batteries need to be disconnected for like a minute for the firmware to be erased from (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

(...) are some (...) problems, (...) Absolutly Yes. (...) 0.2.3 and (...) memcpy.c. I (...) to (...) Begin from these two URLs: (URL) Paolo. --- Indecision is the key to flexibility. (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

(...) I've "dropped" my RCX & Scout a few times... Mostly when an invention suddenly speeds with all it's might off the table and onto the floor. I've been very lucky not even lost firmware. I had a kid drop the Lego remote and it popped apart. I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

(...) Loss of firmware... perhaps the batteries temporarily lost their connection when you dropped the RCX? Was the RCX on at the time? -Kekoa (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

(...) I think I dropped it once with loss of its memory, but my memory is faint, wasn't that important. That's because I occasionally drop my Palm III, which is probably in the same league, with the highest drop at about a meter. It never had any (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Dropping your RCX on the floor...

I've dropped my RCX two times (actually, first mine, then my brothers... Ooops...), and both time, the only thing that happened was that the RCX couldn't remember it's firmware... I thought it would break, but it didn't... Anyone who was not this (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

(...) computer (...) have (...) correctly (...) I don't think it's the serial port handling under NT, because there are some guys out there who have been able to work with legos and NT without problems, isn't it? By now, I think it could be a bug in (...) (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Which set contains the Temparature Sensor?

(...) It's not necessary. The Temp sensor is actually reporting 717 degrees. All they did was move the decimal place. With the 0328 firmware the User Display lets you put the point where ever you want. Need decimal places? Multiply your figures by (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

(...) problems. (...) appears (...) Only thing I can think is maybe the serial port driver does something funny in NT. I'm not familiar with the serial comms used in firmdl & dll, and don't have the source here at work, but maybe this causes the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good?

I got Extreme Creatures about a month ago when it was last on special at S@H for $25. I guess for the Fibre Optic unit and the collection of parts, it's not a bad price. As far as I can tell, it's the only way you can get the FOS main unit from (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: The datalog

(...) Series of measurements. I've used it to measure light sensor values while doing a 360 degree turn next to a candle (disappointing, the candle made hardly a dent), and to measure raw values for touch sensors while pushing them slowly, 1/100mm (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  legOS doesn't work under NT?

I've been using legOS for Windows (Vamos-Wentworth's distribution) both on Windows 95 and Windows 98. Due to some reasons, I'll have to use a NT computer from now on (I'm the administrator). I installed everything, even the long filename support (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is Extreme Creatures Good? (WAS: Re: US S@H Specials, Sep 20 - Sep 26, 2000)

(...) i'll (...) Not in my opinion, just a random collection of additional parts. There is an inventory at: (URL) I didn't buy the set, so maybe owners of the set would have a contrary opinion. Kerry (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: The datalog

(...) If only the RCX could read it's own data... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The datalog

(...) numbers. It can only log timers, sensors, variables, and the system watch. When a value is logged, its source is also logged. For example, AddToDatalog(Timer(1)) adds the current value of Timer 1 to the log and also stores that this entry came (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

Hey, my GP2D12 just showed up. I ordered it from Acroname. It comes with a nice little booklet with details on how to rig it, and it even has some Handyboard code and interface info. I have test equipment in my lab too. I'll plug it into a power (...) (24 years ago, 4-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact