 Robotics / RCX / *2550 (-20)
  Re: New Windows HOWTO

I seem to have missed this message. :( If someone would like to do it, great, elsewise I may be doing something similar this weekend. Let me know, Rossz... Luis (...) ---...--- "Going to California with an aching in my heart. Someone told me there's (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO going down

Like I said later, they are all at (URL) bad in forgetting the ~louie earlier) Since it is nearly 100M at this point (including all the various compilers and such) I think we'll just leave it there, until I can move it to sourceforge (which'll (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Windows HOWTO

Why doesn't someone do all this, and put it all in a big ZIP file? Better yet, someone could make an "install" so it would be a big self-extracting EXE. Matt Rossz V$BaN(Bos-Wentworth wrote in message ... (...) you (...) preserves (...) (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Can't get Windows compiler!

Everything is now at (URL) for the dead links, but I had to move out of my dorm :( Luis (...) ---...--- "Going to California with an aching in my heart. Someone told me there's a girl out there with love in her eyes and flowers in her hair." -Led (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: HOWTO going down

I'll put them up on Maktos.com's server! Just e-mail them to me. I'll send you the link when they're uploaded. Matt Luis Villa wrote in message ... (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Can't get Windows compiler!

The main LegOS site has some MAJOR dead links! Does anyone have a mirror I could use? I need the Windows version of the cross compiler, etc. A LOT of links were dead...probly because it was a university server, and they all go down for the summer. (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  [Java] TinyVM for Windows available

Hello everyone, There's now an edition of TinyVM that runs on Windows, and pressumably other platforms (its tools are pure Java). It was developed by a team led by Dr. Donald Doherty. What they have done is really cool. You can get TinyVM CPE from: (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics)

  Questions about robolab

Hello, My name is Mieke Nuus, I am working for the production Department of University ICESI in Colombia and I am interested in using Robolab for the students of Industrial Engineering. During the course Operations Management we are trying to make (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Help with Terminal Emulator

(...) At first look, I thought this looked like a baud rate problem. But with Ralph's program (at least on my machine), you can't really screw up....the baud rate is set in rcxutil.tcl, and overrides whatever you do in the control panel "ports" (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  IR communication PC <-> brick with NQC

Hi there ! For an educational project here at university we want to control a brick (1.0) based robot with ir based communiaction over serial connection. We want to use the Win Hyperterminal to control the robot. Has anybody here some information or (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Help with Terminal Emulator

(...) A little more information please. Describe the sequence. Start by taking a battery out for at least 10 second so you know the RCX is in a known state. Then verify that the config file is pointed to the right serial port. Then try to download (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: How do I delete firmware from firmware?

(...) I think if you do a direct jump to 0x03ae, it will init memory and essentially start the brick from scratch. At least that's what I read from the internals doc... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  More info on pbForth GUI

Thanks to Jeffrey Hazen, Steve Morris, Paul Addison, Mario Ferrari, and others, I can happily confirm that the new GUI works on Windows NT and Windows 2K. There are still some issues under Linux... I've added more info to the default GUI home page (...) (24 years ago, 18-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics)

  How do I delete firmware from firmware?

I asked this question under a confusing subject that people may have missed so I am asking again. How does one delete firmware from firmware. I am looking for a solution for pbforth but the question could have be asked for LegOS or Quite C as well. (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: local variables

(...) This is completely true and is basically a feature of the C language. Globals aren't technically "initialized" at all. They are just loaded as part of the image. You could consider that they are initialized at compile time. On a workstation OS (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Help with Terminal Emulator

I'm just getting started using pbForth, and I'm having trouble with the terminal emulator echoing garbage on the screen with almost every key stroke. I've tried all of the suggested terminal emulators with the same results, including hyperterminal, (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RCX2 What are people doing?

I'm a bit bored and this list has been very quiet. So what are you doing with NQC2 everybody? James P (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New pbForth GUI

(...) need (...) the (...) Maybe...I'll keep you informed :-) In the meanwhile I tested your GUI on a Win2000 machine (version 5.0, build 2195). Same procedure, same positive result. Mario (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RE: New pbForth GUI

(...) Great! Maybe I can get another convert over to the dark side... The script uploads should work well too. And definitely try the SAVE-SYSTEM download. You need to load bigsys.srec firmware. Just type SAVE-SYSTEM after you've added whatever (...) (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  RF vs IR link

Just a naive question: How much difficult would be to use the RF Cybermaster link with the RCX? (24 years ago, 17-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact