 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 343
RE: New pbForth GUI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 15:53:12 GMT

Mario Ferrari wrote:

Just to confirm that, I successfully installed the GUI in my NT system
(NT4.0 Build 1381, SP 5) following Jeff's procedure. It works great, no need
of the giveio driver, no problems with the COM port though not having the
Admin rights.
Thanks Ralph for the GUI, and thanks Jeff for the installation tips.

Great! Maybe I can get another convert over to the dark side...

The script uploads should work well too. And definitely try the SAVE-SYSTEM
download.

You need to load bigsys.srec firmware. Just type SAVE-SYSTEM after you've
added whatever words you need for your application. Then select the
pbForth/XMODEM menu item and supply a filename. The RCX will send
an Srecord file to your host computer that you can later upload using
the firmware uppload command.

I'll have to modify the firmware uploader to only checksum up to 0xCC00
because that's as far as the internal checksummer goes, according to
Dave Baum. More later...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>