 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 49
48  |  50
Subject:
Questions about robolab
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 12:52:08 GMT

Hello,

My name is Mieke Nuus, I am working for the production Department of University
ICESI in Colombia and I am interested in using Robolab for the students of
Industrial Engineering.

During the course Operations Management we are trying to make the student
familiar with the production process and we think RoboLab can be an important
tool to accomplish this. Before  we decide if we are going to use RoboLab I
would like to have some more information, therefore I wrote down these
questions :

1. Are there universities that already use RoboLab in there courses, and are
there even Universities that use RoboLab for the classes of Industrial
Engineering.

2. In what way are these universities using Robolab. For example :
· Which sets of RoboLab
· In which classes are they using it
· What is the program like in terms of time, topics, setup  etc..
· How many students can use RoboLab at the same time.
· What are the requirements and costs

3.  What are the experiences of these universities and are there persons who
can give me some advice on using RoboLab.

I would like to have more information and get in contact with universities that
are using RoboLab. You can send the information to my e-mail address.

Thank you in advance,
Mieke Nuus
E-mail : Mieke@icesi.edu.co