 Robotics / Palm Computing / 30
Re: Training OmniRemote for RCX commands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.palm
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:58:13 GMT

Mike Kory wrote:
I don't have OmniRemote but this may help.
The normal RCX commands are not consistent. When you send the same command
repeatedly, the command is slightly different on alternate commands. In
other words the first time it sends "A" then "B" then back to "A"  then "B"
etc. Also, the RCX sends commands back to the Tower on normal commands. This
may also cause some confusion.

If you use the Remote Control commands you can get around all of these
problems. They are always the same and the RCX doesn't send a response.

--Mike

That's good advice. I forgot to mention to Ed that having the RCX on
will confuse OmniRemote because of the return IR from the RCX. The
problem I have found with using the LEGO remote commands to train
OmniRemote is the final d2 command (0x0000) that is needed at the end of
the command chain. The LEGO remote control repeats the action command
while the button is pressed and then sends the 0x0000 on button release.
OmniRemote cannot duplicate this because it does not send "on button
release" signals. OmniRemote does allow macro commands to be assigned to
buttons but I don't see how this could help.

Robert Eddings