 Robotics / NXT / 1106 (-20)
  RE: Best stuff to buy for FLL

Check this out.. Hope it helps... www.stormingrobots.c...d/qna.html -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of John Brost Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 2:46 PM To: (...) (16 years ago, 19-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Best stuff to buy for FLL

(...) I'd probably recommend the "LEGO Mindstorms Education base set" (URL) than the retail NXT kit or buying things piece-by-piece. The education kit comes with a battery pack & charger and converter cables to hook up to the old 9V LEGO motors, (...) (16 years ago, 15-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Best stuff to buy for FLL

I'm forming an FLL team this year with 5th-graders. Being an AFOL and a Technic fan, I already have tons and tons of bits and pieces (beams, pins, blah, blah, blah). With that in mind, that sort of set should I buy for a FLL team? The NXT set from (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT programming tools on Windows 2000 - connection problems

(...) Hello Dave, I won't be of much help, except to say that you may have to look at something else than the system. Windows 2000 is probably not the culprit, as I use NXT-G, BrixCC and NeXTScreen on this OS without connection problem, at least in (...) (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT programming tools on Windows 2000 - connection problems

I wonder if anyone can help me to solve persistent connection problems between the NXT and Windows 2000. I have had these problems for a considerable length of time. I have several NXT utilities, including NXT-G, BricxCC and NextScreen. With the (...) (16 years ago, 9-Sep-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Automated Level Crossing using NXT

(...) break at some point, but you seem to have a pretty good system there. (...) Actually, I think you could do this at least partially with a single sensor. If the train is running at a fixed speed, you can have the program figure that speed out (...) (16 years ago, 5-Sep-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  The LEGO Didn't Break (or the HALE Mission - LEGO where it was never intended to go)

OK, I'm a little bit proud of this... and, mostly, amazed that it functioned at all. I was selected to participate in the HALE (High Altitude LEGO Extravaganza) after submitted two proposals in the hopes one would make it... and instead, both were (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: NXT-G Models in Vista

(...) Our tech had to take out the Adobe CS3 suite. Now the models show up. But CMU's Robotics Engineering does not. He reports that the old 'NXT clicking" version 1.0 was compatible with Adobe CS3. Seems Lego Tech Support has heard of something (...) (16 years ago, 26-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT-G Models in Vista

I'm teaching this week using laptops running on Vista. The laptops also have the full suite of Adobe software. Under these conditions, the models do not show up. The models momentarily blink onto the screen, then the display goes blank. I suspect (...) (16 years ago, 24-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: ONLINE LEGO NXT INTERFACING WORKSHOP

(...) Do you have any more information on this? It sounds interesting - and I love the HT Prototype board, I'm using it in my HALE mission to run far more sensors and even a heater circuit than I could have otherwise (& I'm lousy at electronics - (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  ONLINE LEGO NXT INTERFACING WORKSHOP

Hi All, I'm in the planning stages for having the first Online LEGO NXT Interfacing Workshop. The hands-on event will be conducted using Skype as participants will be learning the basics of electronics interfacing aided by Hi Technic's Prototype (...) (16 years ago, 15-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT-G print to text?

(...) You can print the program as an HTML file (with images; the environment will auto-generate them), and the environment will even oblige you by printing the hidden tabs of multi-case Switch structures. But there's no "text version" of an NXT-G (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT-G print to text?

In Robolab, one could print to file and read the program methods in text. Is there an equivalent in NXT-G? One of my students has this enormous NXT-G program that is hanging up every workstation we try to debug it in. It has about a dozen loops and (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth quirks

(...) To answer the question, we're using NXT-G. But that was last week's summer camp. This week seems to take 3 pairs of Bluetooth battlebots just fine. (16 years ago, 10-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Bluetooth quirks

Are you using RobotC or NXT-G? -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of gypsy_fly Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 7:38 PM To: lugnet.robotics.nxt@lugnet.com Subject: Bluetooth quirks I've (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bluetooth quirks

I've just re-read Sivan Toledo's "Analysis of the NXT Bluetooth Communication Protocol" tacked on the main lugnet.robotics.nxt main page. I am currently in a PC lab (Portland State Univ NH 439) with 9 bright kids. We have about 24 NXT kits at our (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jul-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Logic Probe Kit for the LEGO NXT

Hi All, I've just completed an Assembly and Application Manual for a Logic Probe kit I'm developing. This tool can be used to test and analyze digital & microcontroller circuits, and the LEGO NXT. Check out the LEGO NXT application that illustrates (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Reset tool

(...) True. But this works like it was designed for the purpose: (URL) Brian Davis (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Reset tool

This works. Pulled a regular ballpoint pen off it's casing and used the ink tube to reset an NXT. (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  PC I2C Port

For those that didn't know the DDC (Display Data Channel) on A PC Video Connector is actually an I2C BUS. so dont bother buying an adapter all you need is an old monitor cable! Read more here: (URL) (16 years ago, 13-Jun-08, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact