 Robotics / NXT / 1095
Re: NXT-G print to text?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2008 01:08:52 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:

In Robolab, one could print to file and read the program
methods in text.

Is there an equivalent in NXT-G?

You can print the program as an HTML file (with images; the environment will
auto-generate them), and the environment will even oblige you by printing the
hidden tabs of multi-case Switch structures. But there's no "text version" of an
NXT-G program (don't I wish).

One of my students has this enormous NXT-G program that is
hanging up every workstation we try to debug it in.

[rant]
What the heck is this program doing? Something I've yet to understand is how
these enormous programs come to be. Currently I'm working on a program for the
HALE mission, and it does things like automates a camera platform, reading
imaging commands from a script, changing camera modes and the pitch of the
platform, while simultaneously logging the ambient conditions (with a
program-adjustable logging interval) of pressure, temperature & light, and on a
different timing logging engineering data (two internal temperatures, the
internal sound level, motor encoder positions, battery level), all on
time-stamped, compressed records, while also turning a heater system on and off
3 Mb as a .rbt, and compiles to about 7 kb on the brick. I will have to add a
second sequence soon, but... How Big Is This Program? And why?
[/rant]

(OK, sorry about that, just had to vent)

--
Brian "My Blocks aren't just a good idea, they should be the law" Davis