 Robotics / 27506
Re: NXT-G print to text?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 23:01:32 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Edwin Pilobello wrote:

It would really help to be able to read text. Specially when a young student
brings me an NXT-G program for debugging that has switches buried within
switches and loops, etc.

I agree, which is why I suggested using NXT-G's print option - it will allow you
to check "show hidden structures" or somesuch that will show you all the hidden
structures in tabbed view mode.

Perhaps someone with LabView could enlighten or suggest an approach for a
print-to-text solution.

Well, let me put it this way. A text version of NXT-G programs was something a
lot of us wanted, during & after development. Begged for. Argued for. Pleaded &
prayed. We pointed this out to the developers, the guys at NI... who,
presumably, would know how to do it if anybody would.

It's not there. Conclusions may now be drawn :).

Nor has anybody come along and made a reasonable "graphic description language"
that translates a chunk of NXT-G into something like C or pseudocode.

--
Brian Davis