 Robotics / Handy Board / *6874 (-20)
  Wheels

Hey Gary, Thank you so much for the wheels. They are grade "A", better than I expected! They arrived yesterday and unfortunately I have to head for Puerto-Rico tomorrow for about a weeks worth of work. I am also posting this in the newsgroup for the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help needed reviving my HB

Hi! I just got my HB with the I/O-expansion card and the start-up was not as straightforward as I have thought. I don't know if this will help you but ... I'm using a Toshiba laptop with Win98 and found that in order to get the serial communication (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  simoultaneosly driving stepper motors

Hi, All My name is Pocorobba Tino.I'm 33 y old and I live in Sicily (Italy). I bought a copy of "Mobile Robots:inspiration to implementation" and I studied it deeply. I've now some problems and I hope that somebody will help me!!! I'd like to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help needed reviving my HB

(...) These are exactly the same settings that I have, so that is not the problem. Igor (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Starting IC with wizard

I am not familiar with the "wizard" option. Please elaborate -p -- A healthy mind is an oxymoron! (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Running stepper loop at specified (varying) frequency?

Greg: You can run assembly from within Interactive C, so if IC isn't fast enough for you, you can build in something that is. However, IC will execute pretty quickly in terms of how fast steppers run, so it could be that IC will work for you as-is? (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Help needed reviving my HB

Igor: Sounds like you have two problems, with the LCD being a separate one from the sync errors. For communicating with the board via IC.exe, try changing your port settings to 9600/8 data/no parity/1 stop/Xon/Xoff/FIFO buffers enabled. I don't have (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Running stepper loop at specified (varying) frequency?

I am hoping to control some stepper motors with the Handy Board; I will be wanting to control position vs time. Therefore I will be wanting to send out the step control waveforms at varying times (to modulate velocity). Can this be done from (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Help needed reviving my HB

Hi HBoarders! Can anybody help me with making my HB run? Following the instructions from the assembly manual, there were no problems until installing the memory. Before it, the serial communication worked fine with hbdl downloading the pcode, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  robotics-for education of learning and injoyment-

10-28-99 TO WHO IT MAY CONSERN:I AM PERMENTLY DISABLED.BUT I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO BUILD A ROBOT.ALTHOUGH I AM WORKING ON JUST THE MEDAL FRAMS FOR 3 DIFFERENT ROBOTS SHAPS TO DEZINES.ALTHOUGH I DONT HAVE ANY BLUE PRINTS ON WHAT PARTS I NEED TO (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: stalled motor detection

Thanks for pointing out the 'dead reckoning' thing. I meant 'object avoidance'! Heh, I think I'd better make another coffee run... Gary Livick wrote in message <381762F1.D9E4F391@p...ll.net>... (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  speech recognition with hb

We are attempting to incorperate a speech recognition board with the hb. We have the hb controlling an rc car. We also have the speech reconition board controlling the hb. Here is the problem, the microphone for the speech recognition kit is on the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Not necessarily the handyboard....

(...) Of course, if you *really* felt that bad about "pimping," you could've sent that privately and not to the whole list...wink, wink :-) I saw the price of your boards. One word: HOBBIEST I say to heck with the expense of boards, nearly anything (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 64K UPGRADE

Yes, you can upgrade your HB to 64K and then use Interactive C on it. After the reset HB operates in a 32KB mode that is compatible with the original HB memory mapping. Your C code, however, shouldn't use the PD5/SS pin on the HC11 as it s used to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Not necessarily the handyboard....

(...) <blatant self-promotion> I work for ComputerBoards, Inc., a company that makes high quality yet inexpensive expansion cards for Intel platforms. We have just about anything you could need for analog or digital I/O, serial communications, GPIB, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: GP2D05 (correction)

I apologize for the previous mail on the GP2D05 subject. The information I gave was base on my careless assumption (duhh) which was also wrong. Once again, I am sorry for any inconvenience. =o( Rob (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: GP2D05

I am using the GP2D02 which is also identical to the GP2D05 except that on the GP2D05 you can manually set the threshole using the built-in trimpot. I am using Barry Brouillet driver for interfacing to the Handyboard/w expansion board and it works (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Not necessarily the handyboard....

I have an old 486 laptop and a few motors and sensors lying around...Does anyone know of a DSP board or some other device I could use to interface the motors and sensors to the laptop for real- time data aquistion? (I already have my handyboard (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: stalled motor detection

If a motor stalls, it draws a lot of current (compared to normal operation). You can measure that quite easilyusing dedicated chip, or by measuring the voltage over a small resistor in series with the motor: if more current is draw, the voltage drop (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: stalled motor detection

Shaft encoders are hard to beat. If the wheels are commanded to turn and aren't, that's a good indication that something is screwy. Plus, if you're doing dead reckoning, you need them anyway so they are already there! Gary Livick (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact