 Robotics / Handy Board / 6995
6994  |  6996
Subject:
Running stepper loop at specified (varying) frequency?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:30:53 GMT

I am hoping to control some stepper motors with the Handy Board; I will be
wanting to control position vs time.  Therefore I will be wanting to send
out the step control waveforms at varying times (to modulate velocity).
Can this be done from Interactive C?  I am quite familiar with assembler
language on the 6811, and the various timers on board.

This seems similar to software-generated PWM, for which we use Output Compare.

Anyway, any suggestions?  Thanks.

--greg

* Greg Starr, Professor                                         *
* Department of Mechanical Engineering        ph (505) 277-6298 *
* University of New Mexico, Albuquerque NM 87131   FAX 277-1571 *
* email- starr@unm.edu  WWW- http://www.me.unm.edu/~starr/      *