 Robotics / Search Results: EVENT_MASK
 Results 141 – 160 of about 800.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  bugs 'n bumpers

It's bad enough trying to explain to friends and family why I play with Lego, but the ultimate humiliation came when I was down on all fours, nose down, rear end up, pursuing a roach to study. You set me up, right? The marvel of engineering tucked (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.995)

  2 RCX communication on the same model

If you set a motor_out to free wheel, and attached the output end to another RCX input for a touch sensor, could you simulate a touch event by turning of free wheel for a moment? If so is there any way that different messages could be sent like: (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.995)

  Communicating with IR tower

The standard way for doing this is to use variable 0 on the RCX. Te robot can set it to a specific valu when it needs something. The PC can use the SetEvent command and the VariableChange event handler to check whether the variable changes. (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.994)

  Re: CyberMaster - Problems with SPIRIT.OCX and Delphi

Ok, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. I can communicate with the CyberMaster all right through the SPIRIT.OCX, but, I can not get the callbacks to fire. The ocx is supposed to fire an event, for example, when a download is done, and then there is the (...) (26 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.992)

  Informal CFD: robotics competition newsgroup(s)

This is an informal call for discussion regarding the creation of a focused newsgroup/mailing-list for _Robot_Arena_ combat events. The LEGO Mindstorms Robot Arena homepage (not sponsored by The LEGO Group) is located at: (URL) takes place in San (...) (26 years ago, 13-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.991)

  Re: Mindstorm Robotwars style competition in Southern California/Los Angesles area?

(...) I would be interested to organise a similar event in the UK, given there is enough support and demand for it. Please Email me if you are interested. Thanks. -- Kin W. Lau Digital Communications And Signal Processing Group, Electrical (...) (26 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.991)

  LEGO Robot Arena page is up

Hello, I've put up a page describing my upcoming Mindstorms robot fighting tournament in San Jose, California: (URL) also received some e-mail from someone who is interested in an east coast event (Sarasota, Florida). If you're on the EAST coast and (...) (26 years ago, 11-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.991)

  Re: Questions about Differential

(...) Try using the IR Port as a proximity sensor as has been discussed in this newsgroup. Search for subject: IR Port as Proximity Sensor. One guy put up a website w/ sample Botcode program to do this. Here is a NQC program called IRPing that puts (...) (26 years ago, 12-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.991)

  Polaroid 6500 Ranging System

I recently purchased a 6500 ranging system and have connected it to the HandyBoard (HB) 1.2 Expansion Board. I am using IC ver 3.1 from Newton Research Labs and loaded the sonar.c code module provided through the MIT website. The HB passed all (...) (26 years ago, 16-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.990)

  CFD: robotics sub-groups

Last week, the topic came up about creating a special new group for Robot Arena. (See (URL) for more details and how the thread unfolded.) Assuming this belongs inside the .robotics hierarchy (rather than inside a separate .events hierarchy), a (...) (26 years ago, 22-Jan-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.990)

  Re: DATALOG and C

Brandon wrote in message <36AB8D74.B9D@sprynet.com>... (...) Yes (...) No The two commands are executed by the PC. The PC sends something to the RCX and then it does something. It is not exactly datalogging, but you might want to use the (...) (26 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.990)

  RE: mini HD

Its a 50mm square HD about 20 grams. cap. 170 - 340 MB. Uses CompactFlash type II interface. Low power 3.3V. here a another link (URL) can get the spec's for CF @ (URL) not too adept of a programmer, but I bet the little HD can be converted to a (...) (26 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.989)

  Re: lego-combat

(...) Jay, Check out Robot Arena, an autonomous robotic combat event using LEGO MindStorms: (URL) (26 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.989)

  San Jose event?

CGDC starts in a few days, but I haven't seen any updates on the San Jose lego robot event. Any news on where/when this is happening? -Allen (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena)

event
(score: 0.989)

  Re: Motor power?

Thanks to all for responding. The event that spurred me to ask the question in the first place is that I wanted to use differential power settings to turn (steer) a tracked robot. Unfortunately, this appear to have no effect on the robot's ability (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.988)

  San Jose event POSTPONED

San Jose Robot Arena POSTPONED Apologies to all. I have been deprived of email access for the past week, so this message is going out much later than it should. There has been a great deal of difficulty in securing an acceptable site for the event. (...) (26 years ago, 21-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics.events.robot-arena)

event
(score: 0.988)

  RE: MS Access/Visual Basic

A couple of people have asked about using Visual Basic with Spirit.ocx. Since I already had VB 5.0, I chose this language to use with my new Mindstorms kit . Once you understand the rather strange syntax used in some of the statements, and the (...) (26 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.988)

  ANN: fire-fighting robot contest at Penn State (3-27)

Hi All, On Saturday, March 27, 1999, Penn State Abington College, Abington, PA (Phila., PA (USA) region) will host a Fire-Fighting Robot Contest based on the rules of the International Fire-Fighting Robot Contest held annually at Trinity College. (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

event
(score: 0.987)

  Big Money, Big Prizes, Who wants it?

This isn't really a Lego event, but all you roboticists should check it out! Calling All Sumo Robots! FujiSoft International, sponsor of Japan's big Robot Sumo Competition, brings the robotic action to the San Francisco Exploratorium, Tuesday March (...) (26 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.robotics)

event
(score: 0.987)

  Re: Contest

(...) I don't anticipate having the time to participate myself either. I have some ideas on how to go about it though, which I've already posted. (...) The Cybermaster does not appear to be robust enough to handle this sort of challenge. I'm not (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.events)

event
(score: 0.986)

More:  Next Page >>