 Robotics / 909
Re: legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 03:40:41 GMT

Bill Hollingsworth writes:
> On Mon, 30 Nov 1998, Ralph Hempel wrote:
>
> > Which brings me to my point. TLG has a golden opportunity to capitalize
> > on the dedication of the legOS developers and even release an "advanced"
> > product - although the support might be a bit hairy. I can't see teaching
> > university level real-time programming with the Mindstorms interface, but
> > a professor could use the RIS and legOS as a great intro to realtime with
> > not too much trouble.

No.  All they need to do is nothing.  Obviously we are doing fine
without their help.  Then again, maybe Kekoa et al are Lego plants!
Maybe I'm a secret Lego employee?!?  Bwahahahahahaha!

>      I have been thinking this.  It seems like an official Lego release of
> the legOS system would be quite beneficial to TLG, especially since I read
> in the wired.com article that around 50% of the MS sales goes to adult
> men.

I have a sweatshirt that reads: "Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

> the likelihood of an RCX clone?

Damn low.  You can't beat the price for the RCX alone (think of the
plastic molding charges), and even if you could, the MS package itself
is too good a deal.  Basically, only Lego could profitably put
together a MS.

--
-russ nelson <rn-sig@crynwr.com>  http://crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok |   There is good evidence