 Robotics / 6898
Re: Code Repository
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 18:32:10 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (alex wetmore) writes:
From: "Laurentino Martins" <lmartins@marktest.pt>

I would be interested in seeing a similar library for pbForth.  I'm
personally interested in using this language, but haven't had a chance
to yet.  A library of basic scripts (which might already exist; I haven't
looked in a long time) would be a good way to a quick start.

Heck, we could do it for all three -- NQC, pbFORTH, and legOS.  Could even
start a webpage with links back into the news articles to organize them.

--Todd

Since many algorithms apply across languages, what about a single
repository for
all code?
(How about  lugnet.robotics.rcx.code?) True, it would increase the
noise-to-signal
ratio for many, but it would Keep It Simple.

Also, I favor follow-ups going directly to the repository news articles,
for all
the benefits seen in the .dat.models Battlestar Galactica example. It would
also
be a good way for people to suggest patches to the originally posted code.