 Robotics / 6515
Re: robotic rovers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:06:27 GMT

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Ian Warfield wrote:
Alex - great designs.  You have a good selection of differential apparatuses
(apparati? :) ) on your page.  How fast do your rovers go?

The best versions of them don't have too much gearing in between the
motor and drivetrain (motor drives the differential through only one
gear) so they are pretty efficient.  They won't be as fast or powerful
as an A/B motor design however, since the differ-trans only uses one
motor at a time in most applications.

For running around on hardwood floors they went as fast as I'd want
them too.  It would do laps on the oval track that comes with the
Mindstorms kit in less then 10 seconds if I remember correctly

alex