 Robotics / 6488
Re: robotic rovers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 16:08:21 GMT

I'm pretty much inclined to go with KISS too; it's less complicated, with
fewer parts to worry about and less that can go wrong.  Plus you can always
expand on it and modify it easily.  Bot 5 looks like a good design, especially
if it has stood the temptation to take it apart!  One question, though.  When
you say the robot uses "A/B" steering, does that mean it uses the
differentials?  I couldn't tell from the page with the robot all enclosed in
Technic beams.

I've finished an LDraw of the sensor apparatus that I mount on the back of my
simple rover - I posted the file at http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/models/?
n=214.

In lugnet.robotics, Rich Thompson writes:
I have been real happy using the KISS (keep it simple sir) principle of
design. http://www.marsrobot.com/radabot5.htm is the only robot I have built
that I have not un-built since it is very simple and the programming makes
it a good wanderer. I tend to hook up new parts to this robot offten.

Rich
http://www.marsrobot.com