 Robotics / 5751
  Re: LEGO Lawn-mover

(...) Nice to see that the CyberMaster is not dead :-) What's the range you managed to reliably work with it in the lawn? Laurentino Martins [ mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt ] [ (URL) ] -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO Lawn-mover

I have made a simple lawn-mover but need wheels with better traction. It is controlled via a Visual Prolog environment in the PC and uses two razor blades for cutting. Ref to (URL) for some images. Are there better wheels out there somewhere? (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Lawn-mover

Why don't you use the CyberMaster tracks? They are the biggest LEGO as ever built. Attached directly to the internal motors they rise the unit about 5 studs high from the ground (should be enough) besides the tracks have great traction compared to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Lawn-mover

(...) At last, a robot that does something really useful in the house. I've always felt guilty to my family that all my Mindstorms robot can do is wander about bumping into the walls and avoiding obstacles. Now, how about one that can sweep the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Lawn-mover

(...) Wow! The photos are awesome, that must be one nice camera. What kind is it? Gotta get me one of those... Great bot, BTW. :) - Ben. . o O ( Wait a moment - are those Lego razor blades? ) ---...--- Ben Williamson benw@pobox.com (URL) you check (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Lawn-mover

(...) [snip] Are the CyberMaster tracks different from the ones that come with the RIS and other current Technic models? BTW, the largest lego wheels I'm aware of are the one you can find in the 8880 Supercar. Nice bot, Sten! Mario (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: LEGO Lawn-mover

I couldn't get to your web site at the moment but one thought is how about using the largest gears rather than tyres, these should grip into the grass quite well. Dave -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Lawn-mover

(...) Very different, and they are unique to the CyberMaster. The tracks are supported by a special structure part LEGO has created for them, and that makes them very strong. Take a look: (URL) couldn't find a better image) Laurentino Martins [ (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: CyberMaster tracks (was Re: LEGO Lawn-mover)

(...) them, and that makes them very strong. (...) Wow! I never realized CyberMaster has its own unique tracks. Another point to get one (among radio comm and tachometers). Are there other special parts that can't be find in other sets? Mario (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: CyberMaster tracks (was Re: LEGO Lawn-mover)

(...) Other unique parts? - 3 transparent touch sensors (they make me remember the new Macs) - And the computer and tower, of course. I can't remember anything else right now (I'm at the work). There are other rare parts, but they are not unique to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Lawn-mover

(...) [...] Correction, they are about 5 studs width of height from the ground. I like to complicate ;-) Laurentino Martins [ mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt ] [ (URL) ] -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: CyberMaster tracks (was Re: LEGO Lawn-mover)

(...) Apart from the tracks themselves, there are 10 special yellow wheels to drive them, and four large frames to build the tracks around. There are no other special LEGO parts in the set. Unless you count the corrugated tubing, of course. There (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Lawn-mover

Doesn't really have any range yet due to the bad grip. But now I have got some ideas to work with from this group, thank you. /Sten Kvamme (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO Lawn-mover

The razor blades are from the LEGO Razing kit ;-) and the camera is a Sony Mavica FD-81. It is using 3.5" floppy discs, and I can recommend it. /StenKvamme (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: CyberMaster tracks (was Re: LEGO Lawn-mover)

(...) [snip...] Thanks a lot for the info, Fredrik. BTW, I followed your link and browsed your site for the first time. Very nice models, great job! Mario (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: CyberMaster tracks (was Re: LEGO Lawn-mover)

The CyberMaster tracks do look cool, but you can build your own tracks out of "standard" LEGO Technic parts (and bigger than "the biggest LEGO has ever built"). See my website: (URL) Haye IBM ADSM Server Development ... Tucson, AZ haye (at) us (dot) (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: CyberMaster tracks (was Re: LEGO Lawn-mover)

(...) Technic beams in any other colors? ;-) Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- The train stops at the train station, The bus stops at the bus station, So why am I sitting at a work station? ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com ---...--- (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: CyberMaster tracks (was Re: LEGO Lawn-mover)

Cybermaster has a wider variety of parts than Mindstorms. Except for the unique tracks, with the wheels and one-piece frames for mounting them, these parts can also be found in various other Technic sets. Examples are: - a rubber tipped (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: CyberMaster tracks (was Re: LEGO Lawn-mover)

(...) Nice, but where are you supposed to find 500+ each of chain links and conveyor links?! You'd need dozens of service packs... Stuart -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics)