 Robotics / 5589
5588  |  5590
Subject:
Am I missing something? (was: Re: Have 4 motors, need help!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 05:59:01 GMT

From: Bob Fay <rfay@we.mediaone.net>

This Gantry Mill has four motors. Two are driving the gantry.
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7900/anatomy.htm

One of the four motors is being directly driven from a battery box.  That
leaves three outputs for the other three motors.  Not really a special
solution.

Isn't the problem really "how do I make the three outputs drive more than
three motors (or whatever), each in an independent manner?"  For example, if
you drive one of those two light thingies, having the output "turn one way"
produces solid light whereas making the output "turn the other way" causes
them to blink.  It seems to me that some additional logic (hardware) is
required to do this (and is, in fact, in the light I'm mentioning.)

I'm willing to bet that there is a FAQ somewhere that has this question and
an answer.  After all, tonight I was re-reading how to connect a touch
sensor and a light sensor to one input and be able to distinguish between
the two.  The light sensor's value never gets -near-  to the value that the
touch sensor produces when touched, so they can just be connected in
parallel... of course, you can tell anything about the light level when the
touch sensor is "on" but you can't have everything <grin>.

Zoz