 Robotics / 5559
Re: Have 4 Motors, Need Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 16:53:26 GMT

Jonathan,

      how do u run 2motors on 1 input?  That would be very usesful.

<ichael Aaron

Jonathan Woodward wrote:

At 01:39 AM 7/9/99 GMT, Chris wrote:
I recently ordered an extra motor from Lego World Shop and a rotation • sensor
for my RCX. I also bought today The RoboSports Expansion set. My problem • is
what am I to do with 4 motors? the RCX only has 3 inputs! I would greatly
appreciate it if anyone could help me with any ideas or suggestions on • what
I could do before I decide to return the motor :(.

    -One output from the RCX can run two motors.  This property can be
useful when you are moving something _heavy_, or when you need two motors
in two places doing the same thing.  Keep the extra motor.  When you need
it, you'll need it bad.  Heck, I've got at _least_ 10 motors (6 new style,
2 old style, 2 micro), and I don't feel I have enough.

    -JW

Jonathan Woodward  woodward@guesswork.com  http://www.io.com/~woodward/
"Mostly I just kill time... and it dies hard." -R Chandler