 Robotics / 5076
Re: recursion (was RE: Would-be hacker queries.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 17:22:55 GMT

Ackermann's Function
--------------------

Function ack(n, m: integer): integer;
Begin
  If m = 0 Then ack = n + 1
  Else
  If n = 0 Then ack = ack(m-1, 1)
  Else ack = ack(m-1, ack(m, n-1))
End;

Funny what sticks in your mind!

As far as I know, the only significance that this function ever had was
its use by compiler writers (myself included) to test their generated
code for routine calls and parameter passing.

Malcolm