 Robotics / 4424
Re: new products
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:41:12 GMT

The remote control can send the message values 1, 2, and 3 to RCX. You can
program the RCX to react accordingly when it receives one of these • messages.

*ONLY* 1, 2 and 3?
This would make sense if you could control three motors with three buttons,
but you'll need two directions AND stop for comfortable control of each
motor.  (or one message to turn motor on/off, second message to switch
direction - very cumbersome).
I'm starting to regret I blindy ordered the remote control from lego
worldshop...

What I would have expected (except for recent directions Mindstorms has
taken):

At least two out of this three:

1) Three triplets of dedicated buttons (forward-stop-reverse)
2) A group of pseudo-joystick buttons (forward-reverse-left-right-stop)
3) About six general action buttons (message 0 to 5)
4) Numeric keyboard 0-9 to type in a message from 0 to 256 (+ send button)

Eric