 Robotics / 4190
Re: Ultimate Starter Sets / Add-Ons for Mindstorm? Reprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:38:43 GMT

Update -
  First off - Thanks to everyone that posted and mailed.  I got precisely
the sort of insightful feedback I was looking for!

Although I plan on getting the Space Shuttle if possible I _had_ to have
some stuff right now!!  So I chose the DACTA route and faxed off an order
today..
Just in case anyone wants to comment/heckle my purchases, I thought I would
share my list:

Differentials x 1
Connectors and Bushings x 1
9 volt angle sensor x 1
Axels and extenders x 1
Large Gears x1
small Gears x2
Hubs and Tires x 1
Large Turntables x2
Blue Beams x1

Total w/ shipping $113

(I would be happy to provide the #s for anyone who might be catalogue
deficient)

Just in case you haven't been following the thread : my previous inventory
was:
RIS
Extremely (lame) creatures
RoboSports
TurboCommand

And I wanted to get "the most bang for my buck" on more gears and other
articulation stuff.

Still looking for feedback like:
  "You totally _must_ get such and such, it has these extremely neat pieces"

Thanks again!!

Kipling