 Robotics / 4148
Re: Ultimate Starter Sets / Add-Ons for Mindstorm? Reprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:19:01 GMT

fyi-

I've posted inventories of a bunch of older Technic sets at
http://www.enteract.com/~dbaum/lego/inventory/index.html

At least this way you can see what you'd be getting with each set.

I believe these inventories have been duplicated at www.lugnet.com (along
with many others).

Dave

In article <F881CL.19o@lugnet.com>, "Kipling Morris"
<kiplingm@javanet.com> wrote:

Greetings all,
Looking for feedback on the following scenario:

No Prior Lego parts
No Prior Lego Experience
Recently Aquired The folowing Sets:

Mindstorm (A Present)
ExtremeCreatures - (Purchased - live and learn)
RoboSports - (Purchased - live and learn)

Turbo Command (8428) - This was the best looking "gears and stuff" set I
could find at Toys'R'Us. (purchased - and I like it)

SO - given the above and the following:
I would like to get the most bang for my buck and achieve the following:

A good assortment of gears, axles, joints, shocks, angle pieces and beams
for constructing robot/car/articulation projects.

I would be very grateful to see the ubiquitous top 5 sets that people
suggest - OR - the classic DACTA potpourri list would also be cool.

Thanks in advance for any/all sugestions!
Kipling Morris

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com