 Robotics / 4215
Re: Ultimate Starter Sets / Add-Ons for Mindstorm? Reprise
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 23:39:36 GMT

Kipling Morris wrote:

What is the difference between an idler and a clutch gear? Is the idler the
one with no geared spoke? The clutch the one with the tolerence threshhold?

I might not have the names correct but yes that's what I meant.  The idler gear
has no center teeth and the clutch will let go after a certain torque limit
gets hit.

   Getting some of the chain links from Pitsco #77937 is a great idea. • Their
kit has over 100 links in it.

Do you use chains alot?  For what applications?

I started to see chains as a solution to "action at a distance" kinds of
problems where I wanted to, for example, rotate a steering shaft that was
located parallel to but far away from the main body or vehicle.  Chains looks
cool too.

Any way Steve - thanks for the detailed reply!! Let me know if you have any
other great finds or sugestions!

Kip

Welcome to you!

  - Steve