 Robotics / 4189
Re: Mindstorms: Extreme Creatures vs. RoboSports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:30:16 GMT

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Lewis, James C. wrote:

OK, I've decided to get my son Mindstorms. I also am interested in the =
add-ons. From my quick study at the store, it seems to me that =
RoboSports offers some real additions (such as an extra special motor) =
to the kit that will be useful for many things, while the Extreme =
Creatures stuff is cute but not that useful. Since they are the same =
price, I'm thinking RoboSports. Has anyone tried these? Any advice?

RoboSports is a bit pricey except that it includes things that aren't
anywhere else, such as the ball and puck.  Since some friends and I are
building robots for a soccer-like game, it is very useful to us.  If you
just want it for the motor, buy the motor from S@H instead.

I agree Extreme Creatures is worthless.

John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services
jat@LiveOnTheNet.COM 2104 West Ferry Way
256/705-7007 - FAX 256/705-7100 Huntsville, AL 35801