 Robotics / 4188
Re: pneumatic tubing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:39:17 GMT

Adamski wrote:

Just write to Lego and ask for a supplementary parts catalogue.

I  called LEGO customer service and they said that this is the Shop @ Home
catalog.  Already have that one.

Darn.

I also queried about getting "specialty" parts from kits that are no longer
available, such as some of those interesting suspension components from the
Supercar 8880, and she said that they do not sell custom order parts.  When
I asked about the situation where I might purchase a kit from a flea market
and discover that parts are missing she said that they could supply
replacement parts if they are in stock.  The customer would just circle the
missing pieces from the instructions.  But she made it sound as if there
were very limited parts available this way.

I made the suggestion that LEGO should open up a web site where customers
could purchase special parts on-line (knowing she had probably heard that
request before) and she said that their factories are running 24 hours a day
for 7 days a week just to produce the kits they currently have and then she
thought it would not be a very good business for LEGO to additionally offer
parts from older sets.

Darn.

  - Steve

Adamski