 Robotics / 3966
Re: Droid development kit picture at my web page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 17:00:32 GMT

9748 Droid Development kit

Observations/speculations from looking at the picture of the 'Jedi Knight'
alternative model:

Looks like you can put in the motor in one of two ways, driving either the
front mechanism or the back mechanism.
Both the front and the back are probably 'direction splitters' on their own
:
The front mechanism will move the robot forward, and when the motor
direction is reversed, it first closes its claws then moves back.
The back mechanism will move the robot forward, and when the motor direction
is reversed, it turns the steering wheel.
So by (re)positioning the motor you choose between either a 'grab and back
up' activity or a 'drive around' activity.

Now I'm even more convinced that there is only one built-in motor in the
gadget without any other 9V in/outs. So compared to the Code Pilot it even
has one sensor less, which *may* be compensated by remote control from the
computer. But I don't see an IR 'tower' in the set pictures. Maybe it can
receive IR messages from a rcx?

Eric Brok
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind