 Robotics / 3853
Re: Droid development kit picture at my web page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:26:11 GMT

Alan Shutko wrote:

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@cix.co.uk> writes:

It seems that my home page has died in the last hour or so! I can't even get
on via FTP to check the contents.

You've been hit by the /. effect.  Your URL was posted on
http://www.slashdot.org, and probably got enough hits to completely
swamp the machine.  It's a common occurrence.

It's older than slashdot - it was a common occurrence on the net once
people
figured out that they could upload nude pictures to ftp sites, and post
an
announcement on the nude pictures newsgroups.  The ftp sites would die a
quick death.

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |