 Robotics / 3194
Re: DATALOG and C
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 17:40:48 GMT

Ben Williamson <benw@pobox.com> wrote:

BTW, what is the maximum size for the datalog, and how do you tell if
SetDatalog failed to allocate the space you asked for?  Perhaps there
aren't answers to either of these questions.  I've been using a 2000 entry
log, seems to work okay.

I believe that the maximum size of the datalog is 2033 entries, minus
whatever you need for program data.

If you want to figure this out dynamically from the PC, get the memory map
after downloading all programs to the RCX.  The maximum datalog size is
then (map[93] - map[90] - 2) / 3.

If SetDatalog fails to allocate space, I believe the previous datalog is left
intact.  But I could be wrong about that.

-Kekoa