 Robotics / 3188
Re: DATALOG and C
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:27:43 GMT

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, Michael Gasperi wrote:

The UploadDatalog and SetDatalog are Immediate Commands and
can not be included in an RCX program.

I see your point about UploadDatalog, as the tower falls asleep and the PC
won't hear the RCX shouting.  But SetDatalog seems to work in a program
just fine, to set the size of the datalog buffer.

BTW, what is the maximum size for the datalog, and how do you tell if
SetDatalog failed to allocate the space you asked for?  Perhaps there
aren't answers to either of these questions.  I've been using a 2000 entry
log, seems to work okay.

Cheers,

- Ben.

Ben Williamson       benw@pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~benw/