 Robotics / 3118
    DATALOG and C —Brandon Yates
   Hi all, Could someone write a C program that just hangs out and waits for the RCX to send a datalog to it? RCXLOG is great but not quite what I need. RCXLOG.exe Tells the RCX to upload a datalog, prints it out, then quits. I'd like something that (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: DATALOG and C —Michael Gasperi
    Brandon wrote in message <36A93B81.4F96@sprynet.com>... (...) I doesn't work that way. The RCX sends up to 50 data points at a time when it sees the UploadDatalog command. The RCX won't do anything thing like that from a program. The UploadDatalog (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: DATALOG and C —Kekoa Proudfoot
     (...) Worse than that, the IR tower will not receive a message unless it is currently powered up. Since the IR tower automatically powers down a few seconds after transmitting data, you will not be able to receive data unless the C program (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: DATALOG and C —Brandon Yates
     Michael Gasperi wrote: The UploadDatalog and SetDatalog are Immediate Commands and (...) What do you mean by this? Do you mean they can't be included in a program running on the RCX? Or can't be included in a program running on the host PC? (25 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         RE: DATALOG and C —Simen Svale Skogsrud
      There is no way that the RCX can explicitly start an upload, it has to be requested by the PC. There is no problem however aquiring your goal with messages or variables. The best way I have found to achive your goal is to let the RCX signal to the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: DATALOG and C —Michael Gasperi
      Brandon wrote in message <36AB8D74.B9D@sprynet.com>... (...) Yes (...) No The two commands are executed by the PC. The PC sends something to the RCX and then it does something. It is not exactly datalogging, but you might want to use the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: DATALOG and C —Ben Williamson
   (...) I see your point about UploadDatalog, as the tower falls asleep and the PC won't hear the RCX shouting. But SetDatalog seems to work in a program just fine, to set the size of the datalog buffer. BTW, what is the maximum size for the datalog, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: DATALOG and C —Michael Gasperi
     (...) SetDatalog is listed in the SDK page 91 as an Immediate Command. If that is true then, if you put the command in with some downloadable RCX instructions, it does whatever it does right then and is not actually sent with the RCX program. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: DATALOG and C —Dave Baum
     (...) SetDatalog in the SDK may be Immediate - I haven't worked with the SDK. With NQC, SetDatalog() can be executed from within a program. Dave (25 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: DATALOG and C —Michael Gasperi
     (...) It looks like Spirit does NOT download the SetDatalog function. It is an immediate only command from VB. (25 years ago, 27-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: DATALOG and C —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) I believe that the maximum size of the datalog is 2033 entries, minus whatever you need for program data. If you want to figure this out dynamically from the PC, get the memory map after downloading all programs to the RCX. The maximum datalog (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)