 Robotics / 2849
Re: Alternative Mindstorm Robotwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 00:12:20 GMT

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, Peter Hesketh wrote:

In article <Pine.SOL.4.05.9901141531590.14876-100000@roger.ecn.purdue.ed
u>, Daniel Miller <danielmi@ecn.purdue.edu> writes
Why map?  Just build a bot that keeps a feeler on the left wall, and turns
left if it loses the wall.  You'd never go down the same hallway twice,
and there's much less programming.

But if you started on an island you would never leave it.

Yes, yes, all right already.  I must admit that I am an aerospace engineer
and not an artificial intelligence guru.  When people say "maze" I get a
mental image that has an entrance on one end and an exit on the other.

The maze competition would have to define which sort of maze it is, to
inform the contestants as to whether a wall-following strategy would work.

Daniel "Dan'l" Miller                Senior, School of Aeronautics and
danielmi@ecn.purdue.edu              Astronautics, Purdue, Indiana
                "Stadtluft macht frei." - German proverb