 Robotics / 27508
Re: NXT-G print to text?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2008 06:11:21 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Brian Davis wrote:

It's not there. Conclusions may now be drawn :).

Nor has anybody come along and made a reasonable "graphic description language"
that translates a chunk of NXT-G into something like C or pseudocode.

Obviously, NI is so confident they've reached their design goal: that every 9
year old should be able to program in NXT-G without calling tech support.

In my classes, 9 and 10 year olds blow through such a low level of expectation
within an hour of two of completing Tribot or Spike.  Then what?

IMO, any ambitious program could use a print to text option to help in
debugging. I therefore conclude that NI suffers from myopia or that they haven't
been paid enough for it.