 Robotics / 2666
Re: Questions about Differential
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 02:15:23 GMT

Initially I'm trying to shoehorn a new style motor into the existing form.
The old
motor wouldn't have a chance at driving the model. The new one might do it
just
fine by driving the "crankshaft".

My final model will require redesigning the model from the frame up. There's
just no room for the *one* RCX let alone two and the motors to drive the
model.

The base drive train and steering are exactly what I wanted for my ultimate
4x4. The 4-wheel steering is an added attraction.

I'm going to need distance sensing for the final model also. If I succeed in
automating the transmission it will pick up a lot of speed by the time it
gets to forth gear. Waiting for a collision would be suicidal.

I'll report as each version is up and running.

--- Nancy

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:36:10 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Nancy Gold)