 Robotics / 25162
Re: GBC and NXT...so bright I gotta wear shades
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:32:58 GMT

I need to be able to (ideally) track every ball that goes through my module and
know where it is most of the time.  I'm not sure how well ball counting can be
done, but I've proven it to be a time-consuming task (still working on it).

I have built a GBC ball counting module, that work perfectly well. The trick is
to use a LEGO lamp in front of a light sensor, with the balls passing between
them (you must also be sure that balls arrive one at a time). Using NQC events
based code, I tested it with hundred of balls without a mis-count.

You can see it on this video: http://philohome.com/gbc/lw05/gbcloop2c230.avi at
t=30s (red module)

Philo