 Robotics / 25141
25140  |  25142
Subject:
NXT possibilities
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:48:48 GMT

I've been looking at the specs -- I can't find clockspeed, but I'm guessing
around 16-20mhz (gameboy is 16.7).

Years ago, I had some ideas for a very powerful language for robotics/AI
research, that could run on systems with limited memory and CPU.  It's got a
bit of Forth, LISP, Python, C, and Java going on.  The real strength would
be the ability to build and manipulate complex heirarchical databases of
objects, without huge memory and CPU requirements.  (for instance, no
garbage collection is necessary).

I'm curious if anyone else is interested in seeing whether something like
this can be developed for NXT.

-dbm