 Robotics / 23403
    A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders. —Geoffrey Hyde
   I've seen a lot of usage of the Technic Link Chain and Technic Link Tread in your models, and for those of you who use them, I'd like to know how much would you use of each type on average? The reason I'm asking is I'd like to get some comments on (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders. —Didier Enjary
     (...) Due to the non-availibilty for me of "Technic Link Tread (3873)" my personal use, on average, is today about 0 ! :-(...I've just use a few (about 60) in this little model : (URL) and 120 in an other MOC built before. For example, there are 110 (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders. —Geoffrey Hyde
      "Didier Enjary" <d.enjary@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:IAyv8s.18Ao@lugnet.com... (...) I just found out today that it looks like LEGO are releasing 7258 (an EP III Star Wars set) with lots of 3873 in it. At least if the catalog scans which (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders. —Brian Davis
     (...) I've had uses for the chain links on many occassions, particularly for making quick "proof of concept" gear systems (don't have to worry about spacing). The tread links I've actually never used in bulk until the GBC (but I don't build tracked (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders. —Mr S
     (...) I use the Technic chain to take the backlash out of gear trains, and to create gear trains in combinations that are not possible using only gears (due to spacing of the gears on beams etc.) Where one chain is not strong enough, clever designs (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

      "Mr S" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:20050127152527....hoo.com... (...) Do you find any situations where you have to space the gears out so the chain fits tightly and snugly instead of slackening and introducing chain backlash? (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders. —Mr S
     This is getting a bit long, so you might have to read previous posts to figure it all out.... (...) At times, the chain slackening is a desirable effect, and when it is not, an idler gear takes up the slack giving the chain a firm fit for use in (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders. —Geoffrey Hyde
     Hmm - I originally forgot to add lugnet.technic to this post, please post any comments/thoughts you may have to share with others. Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde "Geoffrey Hyde" <g.hyde@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:IAyr24.C76@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

        Re: A query to GBC members, module builders, and technic model builders. —Gustavo Brinck
   I like a lot to work with the Technic Link Chain and Technic Link Tread, besides the reason mentions before, because I use for for educational purposes, kids love them, having others colours could be great. It could be wonderfull to have accesories (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)