 Robotics / 21634
Re: rcx unit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 14:05:31 GMT

Let me explain what I want to do, then maybe someone will have a suggestion.

Great idea :)

I want to create a MOC of a remote controlled dump truck. The problem with using
the RCX unit is that the receiver unit needs to be visible which takes away from
the look of the MOC. I purchased the RC Race Buggy #8475, but that has only 1
connection pt for the motor. I need at least 3 connection pts including
steering.

Does it mean you need
1) output for driving (main) motors
2) output for steering motor
3) 3 more free outputs?

Also the RCX unit on the buggy is not "Lego friendly", meaning it is
not brick shaped. Someone suggested the Bionicle rcx unit, but i was unable
to find it. I don't know if this will meet the qualifications I have or not.

Not. It's pure RC driven base - two motors and that's all. go to
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8539 to see them

One solution would be to attach RCX to remote unit and drive it using short
bursts from 3rd channel on the RC unit, but it involves programming and you
probably don't like it.

Other chance is to drive it by wire - you can buy several 8475 units and build
your RC panel by own as Jennifer Clerk does (see his JobDog mini loader)

Robert