 Robotics / 21616
Re: rcx unit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:53:10 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
Allan Tobey wrote:

Can the RCX unit be
completely encased in a Lego Model and still receive the signal from the remote?

yes you can, there is an optic fiber in RIS box (only version 2.0).
Put one extremity in front of  RCX IR port and the other extremity on top of
robot.
This optic fiber transmit the IR light.

But in my opinion the best thing is to use a RCX 1.0 ( you can encase it) with a
such optic fiber.

there is already a discussion on Lugnet about 1.0 and 2.0 sensitivity and 1.0 is
the best for IR.

on my LEGOTIC site you can find (on LEGOTIC Humanoid page) an example to use
optic fiber to allow RCX communicatio:

http://mapage.noos.fr/chrismaker/index.htm

Chris.