 Robotics / 21407
Re: Mechanical pneumatic piston
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:58:48 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Mark H. Near) writes:

I think the issue is the + shaped central hole.
If you mounted these worm gears on an axle which requires them to be
mounted at 0 (180), 45, 90, and 135, then of course you can't turn the
gears anywhich way to line up exactly. That is why they are a certain
length.

With four orientations that would be 0, 90, 180 and 270.
However, you could get away with eight if you have one
side of the worm gear at 0, 90, 180 and 270 and the other
at 45, 135, 225 and 315, you'd just need to turn around
every other gear so that the screw continues nicely.

But the missing bit seems to be even less than 1/8,
so that wouldn't help either, and it would be too complicated
for most people I guess.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>