 Robotics / 21394
Re: Mechanical pneumatic piston
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mike Thorn wrote:
At 11:38 AM 10/9/2003, you wrote:

Nope.  Worm gears are not an integral number of studs long.  They are about 1/4
of a stud short.  Not enough for a small pulley (1/2 bushing).

I'd be very interested to know the reason why LEGO chose to make the worm gear
so short :-(

Yes, it seems rather odd. It really wouldn't have affected the design of
the gear at all. Just extend the spiral another fraction of an inch.
Simple, really.

If it's right that they're about 1/4 or 1/8 stud short, you ought to be
able to line up 4 of them and stick in a half bush.

Ah... I missed this post and asked the same question (less clearly) in another
post.

~Mike

Kevin