 Robotics / 21401
Re: Mechanical pneumatic piston
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 03:03:12 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mike Thorn wrote:
At 10:26 AM 10/10/2003, Kevin Clague uttered the following:
The problem is that you would need a mold for each unique part that is
cut.  If
the number of rotations/divided by the length does not give you length that is
repeatable using quarter turns you need more than one mold.  This is *not*
good
(very expensive), plus from a part sorting perspective, I'd need more than one
drawer for worm gears :^)

I'm not sure my brain can wrap itself around that, but I'll keep trying. In
the meantime, I'll take your word for it that it won't work. :)

I overspeaketh......

Let me try again.  The gear has to be an integer multiple of 1/4 turns because
the the gear can fit on an axle four different ways.

If it is more or less than 1/4 turns (1/3), then things won't line up when you
butt them up to each other on an axle.

Kevin