 Robotics / 21404
Re: Mechanical pneumatic piston
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 13:32:15 GMT

Restating for clarity, (I hope)

I think the issue is the + shaped central hole.
If you mounted these worm gears on an axle which requires them to be
mounted at 0 (180), 45, 90, and 135, then of course you can't turn the
gears anywhich way to line up exactly. That is why they are a certain
length.

Now On a round, but snug axle, this would not be an issue at all, but then
you have a "clutch" and a limited amount of torque before the "clutch"
slips, and of course, the alignment is gone at that point, unless all the
worm gear stack slips together somehow.

Mark (MHN1957)