 Robotics / 20953
Re: gear pulley/release system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:05:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Richard Diaz <richdiaz99@yahoo.com> wrote:
Awesome...

Thank you very much!

Just curious, what do you think about a Two Motor
Jump-O-Bot using an RCX and 4 Large Springs? Think
that would work?

I don't see any reason why not to try it ;-)

Off the top of my head, I can tell you that an RCX loaded with batteries is
fairly heavy - maybe you'll need more springs and to pay carfeul attention to
balance. Also, I don't know if there is any inherent danger in putting an RCX
through the repeating cycle of vibrations as the machine lands on hard floors
over and over. Which reminds me ... make sure you experiment on a soft floor!!!!