 Robotics / 21012
Re: gear pulley/release system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:01:20 GMT

I just thought of an idea, haven't had time to try it out but here it is.

What if you were to have a sliding worm gear that would wind the arm up when
the motor was powered forward and release it when the motor was powered
reverse.
Like I said, just a thought.
Hope this helps
Scott

----- Original Message -----
From: "Øyvind Steinnes" <phoenix@online.no>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: gear pulley/release system

"Richard Diaz" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:20030625224958.81807.qmail@web10903.mail.yahoo.com...
Oh wait, we can make the gear flip with the backward
motion of the 1x16 blue beam right?
That was the idea, yes.
When the gears cames to the end of the Gear Rack, there should be enough
space for the gears to flip around. My idea was that the arm was not
connected to anything else than the axel from the motor. Then it will flip
around because of the motor still running and pressing this arm down • towards
the rack.
With a switch on top of this arm you can monitor when the arm has released
and stop the engine if you has an RCX controlling this....

--- Richard Diaz <richdiaz99@yahoo.com> wrote:
Cool! How does the gear flip? Changing the motor to
Float?
Rich

--- Øyvind Steinnes <phoenix@online.no> wrote:
The only thing I can come up with just now is
this:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Diverse/shooter.jpg

The arrow points in the direction that the blue • 1x16
brick is moved to
charge. At the end of this closest to the camera
there should be
rubberbands.
When the brick is almost back the small arm with • the
gears flips over and
releases the rubberbandloaded brick and shoot it
forward.

That was the theory, I don't know if it will work
since I have not tested it
yet  :)

Regards
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix