 Robotics / 21013
Re: gear pulley/release system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:09:58 GMT

Quoting scott davis <rcx2man@hotmail.com>:

I just thought of an idea, haven't had time to try it out but here it
is.

What if you were to have a sliding worm gear that would wind the arm up
when
the motor was powered forward and release it when the motor was powered
reverse.

Some of my students did this very thing. They used one motor to wind up a
spring which was then released to kick a ball. Worked well.

Bruce