 Robotics / 20996
Re: gear pulley/release system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:33:10 GMT

Cool! How does the gear flip? Changing the motor to
Float?

Rich

--- Øyvind Steinnes <phoenix@online.no> wrote:
The only thing I can come up with just now is this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Diverse/shooter.jpg

The arrow points in the direction that the blue 1x16
brick is moved to
charge. At the end of this closest to the camera
there should be
rubberbands.
When the brick is almost back the small arm with the
gears flips over and
releases the rubberbandloaded brick and shoot it
forward.

That was the theory, I don't know if it will work
since I have not tested it
yet  :)

Regards

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix

"miguel agullo" <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote in
message
In lugnet.robotics, Richard Diaz • <richdiaz99@yahoo.com> wrote:
I have looked all over the forums and archives • and
still have not found quite what I am looking • for. A
cocking mechanisim for a cannon.

I need a 1x16 beam (the 'bolt', held by rubber • bands)
to be pulled back and released down an 2x16 • chamber
pushing out a small projectile (marble). I have • to use
a single motor with gears/pullys/whatever... • Sure I
can crank it back but how do I release the 1x16 • beam?
This also needs to recycle after firing...

if you know of images or arcticles about this • please
point me in the right direction...

thanks,

Rich

How about using a caster wheel? I used it for a
jumping mechanism, but I
think
it can also be adapted for a cannon like you
describe. Using 1 motor, it
keeps
firing over and over

<http://www.geocities.com/technicpuppy/jumpobot/jmpindex.html>