 Robotics / 20951
Re: gear pulley/release system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:19:50 GMT

Awesome...

Just curious, what do you think about a Two Motor
Jump-O-Bot using an RCX and 4 Large Springs? Think
that would work?

Rich

--- miguel agullo <technicpuppy@yahoo.com> wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Richard Diaz
<richdiaz99@yahoo.com> wrote:
I have looked all over the forums and archives and
still have not found quite what I am looking for. • A
cocking mechanisim for a cannon.

I need a 1x16 beam (the 'bolt', held by rubber • bands)
to be pulled back and released down an 2x16 • chamber
pushing out a small projectile (marble). I have to • use
a single motor with gears/pullys/whatever... Sure • I
can crank it back but how do I release the 1x16 • beam?
This also needs to recycle after firing...

if you know of images or arcticles about this • please
point me in the right direction...

thanks,

Rich

How about using a caster wheel? I used it for a
jumping mechanism, but I think
it can also be adapted for a cannon like you
describe. Using 1 motor, it keeps
firing over and over

<http://www.geocities.com/technicpuppy/jumpobot/jmpindex.html>
--