 Robotics / 20952
20951  |  20953
Subject:
Using sensor ports to send data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:28:29 GMT

Hello,

I did build an I2C device for the RCX a while ago, which is connected to the
motor ports of the RCX. It now makes a speed of about 1.2kHz when using BrickOS
(still thanks to Mark Riley for helping me whit this).

But i think the sensor-ports can switch much faster than the motor-ports since
these sensor ports are directly connected to the H8 processor of the rcx, and
not like the motor ports through a driver-IC.
By switching between passive and active mode it is possible to make pulses on
the sensor ports. But the problem is that when in active mode, the power on the
sensor ports is disconected every few milliseconds or so, to read the sensor
value. This makes it impossible to transmit data over a sensor port at high
speed.

So my question is: Is it possible to disable the sensor readings when a sensor
is in active mode, when using BrickOS?

thanks,
-Bas.